Waterways Ireland has a new web page up about the conditions under which it will allow its dry docks to be used. The page includes links to a downloadable MS Word application form and a PDF. Anyone applying to use a dry dock must now submit:
- a completed application form
- a letter from an insurance company confirming that the owner has adequate insurance in place [sic] to bring vessel into a dry dock for works
- a letter from the insurance company of any third party contractors to be employed confirming they have adequate insurance in place [sic] to carry out the proposed works
- the relevant payment for number of days usage booked
- a security deposit payment of €250
- a shoring/propping certificate
- a method statement of work to be carried out
- a safety statement for work to be carried out.
In April 2012 I discussed the issues here.
My page about dry docks is here.