The Revenue Commissioners’ latest list of holders of marked fuel trader’s licences doesn’t seem to have any new names on it. So, as far as I can see, there are no licensed sellers on the Grand Canal, the Royal Canal, the Barrow, the Shannon–Erne Waterway or that part of the Erne in the republic. There are seven licensed sellers on the Shannon, with none north of Carrick-on-Shannon or south of Portumna. The seven licensed sellers are (north to south):
- CarrickCraft, Carrick-on-Shannon
- Emerald Star, Carrick-on-Shannon
- Rooskey Craft & Tackle, Rooskey Quay
- Hanley’s Marina, Ballyleague (opposite Lanesborough)
- Quigley’s Marina, Killinure, Lough Ree
- CarrickCraft, Banagher
- Emerald Star, Portumna.
If I’ve left anybody out, please let me know and I’ll correct my error.
Note that the requirement for a licence includes anyone delivering green diesel, or keeping it for delivery, so that purporting not to charge for the diesel makes no difference.