Apart from the presence of numerous barges and other vessels, the festival will feature these events of historical interest:
- Saturday 26 May: talk by Alf Monaghan on Doon to Diesel, a review of the importance of Drumsna and Jamestown in Transport History
- Sunday 27 May: talk on the sinking of the Royal Canal passage-boat Longford [in which fifteen people died] in 1845
- Monday 28 May: bus trip to Arigna Mining Experience
- Tuesday 29 May: talk by Alf Monaghan on Monastic Ireland — a gift from the Nile and display by Carrick-on-Shannon Historical Society
- Wednesday 30 May: walking tour of Jamestown led by historian Mary Butler
- Saturday 2 June: talk by Donal Boland on The Shannon’s hidden locations and gems and, in the afternoon, “traditional method demonstrations”.