Text of aD in Limerick Leader seen on 5 April 2012
Conservation of Silver Eels on the River Shannon
Expressions of interest are invited from all interested parties to assess eligibility for a competitive tender process to award Silver Eel Operations contract on the River Shannon at ESB Eel Weir Killaloe, Co Clare.
To be eligible for consideration interested parties must have:
- the appropriate eel fishing experience ;
- knowledge of the River Shannon and Killaloe region as applicable;
- suitable certified equipment;
- appropriate insurances;
- tax certificates, if appropriate;
- Training records
- other documentation as may be deemed necessary by ESB.
To register your interest, please contact:
ESB Fisheries Conservation,
Ardnacrusha Generating Station,
before 16.00hrs on Friday 13th April 2012.
Phone: 061 350598/350538; Fax 061 344560
More on the eel fishery here.